How do I edit the width of the edit screen overlay when editing an issue?

Eric Salonen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

How do I edit the width of the edit screen overlay when editing an issue?

I.e when you click the "Edit" button on an issue an overlay/popup window (ajax) is displayed. I have 3 different tabs on the edit screen and its all "squished in" because the widht of the panel is only 810 px.

Is there a way to increase the widht of the overlay?

The same question for when creating an issue.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

See these dicussions. This is a wont-fix bug logged to JIRA, but there are proposed workarounds, by hacking some css through browser extensions. Also you could do the same with css injection.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/225269/how-can-i-change-the-description-field-on-jira-s-create-issue-page-to-be-full-width

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-33864

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2014
Eric Salonen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2014

And apologies for the late answer, I was on my easter break :D

Eric Salonen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2014

Hi Boris,

Thanks for the reply mate. As an additional question, would you be able to say, which css-file I should add the extra css-styles in the atlassian JIRA package? I would like to have the same change for every single user who uses JIRA so that means I would have to modify the css-files that comes with the installation?

Any idea as to what css-file needs to be changed so that the style change is permanent for all users?

Eric Salonen
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2014

Thanks Boris, you're a legend mate!

Suggest an answer