How do I edit the fields that show when I fully open up a task?

Jason Rudgley June 27, 2017

When I open the backlog and left click on a task, I get a peek at the details of the task on the RHS of the backlog list.

When I open a task fully, I get the full view of the task and the details.  On the RHS of the full view is a set of fields under 5 clusters - People, Dates, Time Tracking, Aglie and hipChat discussions.

How do I update the fields?  For example, I have under people two fileds - assigneee and reporter. I have set up a custom field called 'supporter', that shows when I peek at the task from the backlog, but when I fully open the task, the 'supporter' field doesnt show.

Thanks folks.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 27, 2017

The "fully open" view of an issue is its "view" screen.  Issues also have "Create" and "Edit" screens associated with them.

These screens can contain no, some or all custom fields.  You can find them ny going to project admin and drilling down through the "issue type screen scheme"

One other point though - custom fields have to have data in them to be shown on issue view.  So you might only need to edit the issue to fill it in.

Jason Rudgley June 27, 2017

Hi Nic.

Thanks very much.  Yiur final comment solved the issue.  I hadn't entered the data into the custom field in yet.  In the backlog 'peek view' it shows the field but has 'none' next to it, but in the 'fully open' view, it seems to work differently in that as you say it only shows the field if data has been entered.

Thanks again

Suggest an answer