How do I edit fields displayed on the issue browse screen?

Deleted user October 26, 2017

For the view of an issue seen here: https://company.atlassian.net/browse/ticketNumber

How do I get a custom field to show up here, and/or remove some of the default fields (such as the labels or versions fields).

From what I can find in the screens available for me to edit, they are all for different views than this default browse view. 

Screen shot of the screen I am trying to edit attached.

Capture.PNG

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2017

Click

• Custom Field
  • locate the one you want to display on the screen
  • Click on the cog for that specific field and then configure
  • Click Edit Configuration
  • link the field to the issue type that you want to display on your screen

Thank you! This seems to be the closest it lets you come. It seems the fields only appear on the browse "screen" if they have a value, there is no placeholder field label with no value, but they are there now. And going into Field Configuration allows me to hide a field which removes the few default fields I didn't want on the browse "screen". 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 26, 2017

Great!

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2017

Hi Kris - make sure the fields you decided to hide are not required otherwise you will have a new problem. Users asked to fill a field that doesn't appear on the screen :)

Chris Garvey February 7, 2018

Hi Kris,

Did you manage to sort this out? I'm having the same problem and can't solve it following any of the suggestions given here. 

Jira has also undergone a redesign recently...

Deleted user February 8, 2018

Fadoua's suggestion is what worked for me, but also note the fields do not display unless they have a value already, there is no blank display for the custom fields.

1 vote
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2017

Hi Kris,

You have to be logged in as JIRA Admin for the following steps:

• Cog
  • Issues
  • Screen Schemes (locate the one you are using here and click on Configure)

from there you can see the screens you are using as default, edit or view. Click on the screen name and you will get the list of fields available on that screen. You can remove the ones not needed or drag and drop, or add the one you want.

I am assuming the field already exists.

Best of luck!

Hi Fadoua,

The screen I am referencing does not appear to be any of the screens I see in the screen schemes area. Do you know what screen the Browse URL uses by default?

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2017

Default Screen if no changes were made. Hope it helps

Changes to the default screen are not reflected on the view in the Browse URL 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2017

Try the step below

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2017

if you have admin access to JIRA, go to project settings and click on Summary then click on "Issue Types" it will show you for each issue type the screen it is using

All of my issues are using the default screen, changes to that screen are not changing the Browse screen

In your online Jira account, go to this URL for any issue:  https://company.atlassian.net/browse/issueKey

The fields shown here, like in the screenshot I put in my question, you are able to edit these fields with screen settings?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events