How do I edit closed issues and tasks?

barbarat January 15, 2015

I looked at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Working+in+text+mode#Workingintextmode-Workingintextmode-uneditable_stepsPreventingissuesfrombeingedited and I don't see the options mentioned in the article. I'd like to update some fields in closed issues to pull into a query.

1 answer

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

You got two options here: remove the property jira.issue.editable = false then you and everyones else can edit an issue in closed status. 

The second option is to add a transition from Closed to Closed and use the edit screen as transition screen. Make sure that there is a condition that only e.g. admins can use this transition. So only a few can "edit" issues in closed status.

Thanks, how do I get to those screens? I'm in workflow shemes and I can't find it.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

Not quite sure what you mean with " how do I get those Screens". If you don't know which screen is used for edit, look in the screen scheme used in that project.

I'm not sure where to find this setting. I'm on Administration> Workflow Schemes. Clicked all sorts of things around this section and not seeing where I can find the option for jira.issues.editable. Thanks.

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2015

You can find that in the workflow. Create a draft of your workflow > click view properties on the closed step

Juan Felipe Cardona
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2015

Hello Udo... remember what barbarat mentioned about everyone being able to edit the issues... just give it a second thought before doing that... I would recomend going with the second option of an explicit transition for which you have more control over who can execute it.

Suggest an answer