How do I edit board settings for the Process Management workflow?

Phyllis Zhu January 22, 2018

I'm using JIRA cloud.

I created a new project using the Process Management Template and I want to change the fields to be seen on the cards in the Board. 

There is no gear icon/ settings on this board like there is for scrum or kanban projects. 

How do I do this or is that not an option? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

Business boards do not have any configuration, they have a fixed layout and automatically follow your workflow.

Phyllis Zhu January 22, 2018

Thanks. 

I wanted to see a new field I added but from the board -> click on card -> that field doesn't show up. 

Two other fields I added show up. 

Should I remove fields I don't want to see on that screen for the one that I want to show up (like I've reached the max number of fields)?   -- actually looked into this now and I don't see how to do that since the card view is not a screen

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2018

The last time I worked with a business board, yes, your instincts on what it was doing were right.

A card will show you some of your fields.  Up to a limit (it was 3 or 5 I think).  It selects the first X fields of certain types (It ignores long text fields for example).  Problem is that I don't know the rules for "first X".  I'd hope/guess they are the first X on the issue view screen, but I really do not know.

Phyllis Zhu January 23, 2018

I can't seem to figure out what the "first X" is either, I moved my fields around for both edit/view and create screens but I just can't get that third field to show up (it's a radio button) 

oh well...

Suggest an answer