How do I edit Priorities without breaking existing filters

David Mitchell January 27, 2015

I want to add the P0 to P3 to my existing Priority descriptions but If I update them it seems to break existing Filters

How can I bulk edit everyones existing filters and dashboards to use the new Priorities so I can change Blocked to P0 - Blocked.

Please note we have thousands of existing issues and probably thousands of existing Filters

3 answers

0 votes
James Larkin December 5, 2017

did you have any luck with this?

we want to change our Priority 'Name' from 'Highest' to '1-Highest', ... 'Lowest' to '5-Lowest'.

but worried it will break other projects?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2017

No change - if you change the names of priorities, you can still break filters, which in turn will break boards.

You'll need broken filters to be fixed by their owners.

0 votes
ahmet tetik January 28, 2015

hi

how will I do. the priority option   to project 

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 27, 2015

There is no way to do that in the user interface. You will have to write some SQL scripts to do a bulk replace in database I am afraid!

Another option is to take an XML backup, change it in the backup and restore the new backup. Not worth the trouble in my opinion!

David Mitchell January 27, 2015

thanks for the quick response.

Suggest an answer