How do I do it?

kisstrin November 21, 2019

Hi Jira,
I'm trying to navigate my way thru learning how to use your software. I subscribed & paid for a $20 (US$) monthly & when I tried using your software it tried to sell me another software from Confluence. Isn't it possible to use Jira by Atlassian without having to also buy another software from Confluence? Your software keeps trying to make me choose a PAGE & all pages are thru Confluence. How do I simply use your software?

Thanks,

K. Cozier

2 answers

2 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 21, 2019

All the main Jira features are fully accessible without needing confluence. But there are use cases that Confluence is best designed for an there are "hooks" throughout Jira where it makes sense to have the two tools integrated.

Looks like perhaps in your explorations, you've clicked this "Pages" link.

If you don't want to accidentally click it, you can hide that link. Click the "Add Item" link and you should need a neat little toggle to hide this.

2019-11-21 17_22_36-TSP board - Agile Board - QAD Trial of Jira Cloud - https___qad.atlassian.net_se.png

There is a similar toggle if you hover over Pages and click the pencil icon.

In the Agile Board backlog view, you will also be offered an opportunity to link a page to a sprint in the "Plan Sprint" menu. I'm affraid that can't be removed, you'll just have to ignore it.

1 vote
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
November 21, 2019

@kisstrin you might want to check out our New to Jira content which has some good content for new users.  You can also ask more specific questions about what you're trying to do. It should not require you to also purchase Confluence.  

Suggest an answer