How do I display a reporter's username in a filter instead of the full name?

Mark_McGuire September 28, 2015

I would like to create a filter that displays the reporter (and assignee) as the username, not the fullname.  Is that possible to do?  Do I need to create a custom field like "reporter username" to do this?

Thanks...

• Mark

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick September 28, 2015

Yes, I think you have answered your own question. JQL does not allow you to process the fields it returns. You need a custom field for "reporter username" and "assignee username" and set those on creation for reporter and on update for assignee. You can then perform your query and put those fields into the list of displayed fields.

Mark_McGuire October 15, 2015

got it. thank you!

Michael Stewart October 30, 2017

Just to confirm. If I create a custom field for assignee username, then (1) do I create the custom field as a text box? and (2) how do I get the tool to automatically populate the username in that field?

asolou February 28, 2020

so have you found the solution? 
I have a similar case where i need the currentReporter of an issue but I need his username instead of his full name ( username is unique, full name is not) 

0 votes
Michael Stewart October 30, 2017

Does Atlassian monitor these Q&A? I cannot imagine they have the resources for that but this request seems like a work around for a deficiency in JIRA. You should be able to view the data that JIRA is tracking. Crazy that the tool tracks the information but doesn't give you a way to view it. 

Suggest an answer