How do I display Issue ID column in Searches?

Tim Kikke July 19, 2015

I want to display the unique issue ID so we can reference this when interacting with customers and also for use when composing reports. I can't seem to find and display the field. This should be the unique issue ID.

2 answers

1 accepted

10 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2015

It's called "Key" in the list of fields on the navigator. It's usually there by default, and most built-in reports that list issues include the key automatically.

Tim Kikke July 19, 2015

thanks! That's the one! I couldn't find reference to it anywhere and it wasn't displaying on any of my views, even in JIRA Service Desk.

owenboyle August 7, 2018

Weird that the thing is called "Issue ID" everywhere except when you want to search using it, then it is called "Key"...

Like # people like this
0 votes
Todd Foley May 22, 2020

what doesn't help is that you can sort by 'id' but you can't use find a column marked 'id'. no where is this referenced, id should be id should be id..no exceptions. if you have to make a  UI that translates id to key, that's a twenty minute investment into your product that will help.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2020

Id and issue key are different things in Jira.  Do not confuse them.

Suggest an answer