How do I disconnect a page from JIRA?

Eli Fares July 11, 2018

This is very frustrating.

I am in JIRA in a particular board and then in the left column I clicked on Pages and connected to a particular page in Confluence that pertains to that board in JIRA. Now when I change boards in JIRA, I am still connected to that board (in Confluence) which is meant for the previous board, not the one I am currently looking at now.

When I click on the 3 dots in the top right corner of the screen, I only have the option to Connect to a different space but I don't see any option to disconnect anywhere.

2 answers

1 vote
Patrick Cartier [Candylio]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2018

Hi @Eli Fares

Are you on cloud or server?

Can you provide a screenshot?

My guess is you have the project linked to the confluence space/page not the board.  So you would need to change that in the project settings in Jira.

Hope this helps

Eli Fares July 13, 2018

Hi Patrick,

Ya that must be it, the page is applied to the entire project. I went into the project settings but I wasn't able to find where to unlink the page?

CheersScreen Shot 2018-07-13 at 4.33.40 PM.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2018

I actually think you have to change it in Confluence. Space settings then application links.

Let me know if that works.

Eli Fares July 16, 2018

Here is what I see:

In Confluence, many different spaces are linked to the same JIRA Project. This is fine.

In JIRA, the project space is linked to my personal Confluence space. This is what I am trying to undo.

When I go into my personal space in Confluence and go into the Integrations tab and then click on Application Links sub-tab, I see a "There are no Links configured." This is confusing and frustrating.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2018

I've played around a bit and think I found it.  In Jira, try project settings then Summary on the side bar (you screenshot above).  Go under the settings and configure project links. 

Seems it's a bit hidden now, used to be more obvious.  Let me know if that works.

Eli Fares July 17, 2018

I tried it, didn't work.

I went into Project Settings --> Summary --> Configure Project Links --> Deleted the project link (which is different than the "Space" that I am trying to disconnect to. Regardless, I still tried it then went back to the project on JIRA and what do you know, the Page is still linked to the Space.

I really appreciate your time and effort in helping me. I think I'll just have to live with it for now.

Kandarp Mehta September 30, 2019

I am having the same issue and would appreciate a solution. Thanks in advance.

Marie Wong-Erasmus January 24, 2020

Same issue. Any resolution yet?

0 votes
Dana Pazourková March 11, 2020

Is there anyone here who can solve this problem?

Suggest an answer