How do I disbale Universal Plugin Manager to migrate to OnDemand

Joe September 28, 2012

I'm trying to migrate to onDemand from the hosted Jira service but I am given a warning that Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager is an older version in OnDemand. The page it directs me to that discusses what plugin version is currently in use in OnDemand contains no reference to it, I only know we have: Plugin version 2.7.3 in JIRA and version 2.5.1 in OnDemand.

The disable button that exists for the other plugins does not exist for UPM so I am not sure how to migrate short of waiting until some indefinite point in the future when it will be updated.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joe October 14, 2012

I contacted Atlassian support, who upgraded the Universal Plugin Manager plugin on my OnDemand service and I was then able to migrate from the hosted Jira instance to the OnDemand instance.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2012

Here are the basic instructions to migrate to OnDemand.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Importing+Issues#ImportingIssues-ImportingissuesfromJIRA,JIRAHostedandotherthird-partyissuetrackers

You will need to install a Jira 5.2 release and import your data there, Then you can export your data from Jira 5.2 and import into Jira OnDemand. Atlassian has not fixed their versioning code yet.

http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/download-eap

Joe September 28, 2012

Thanks for your reply.

If I am reading this correctly, I need to install a early release version of Jira locally, import from hosted Jira, and then export to OnDemand? 5.1 is the version of Jira we are on and is the most recent version available to Jira users who are hosted as far as I can tell.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 28, 2012

Jira OnDemand is actually at the 5.2 version as noted by this url

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Application+Versions

Yes, the production version of Jira for everyone else is 5.1, but you can download the EAP Jira 5.2 to deal with the version differences. Please note that EAP versions correspond to the Jira OnDemand version.

The second url in the original post will get you to the 5.2 download site.

Jira can upgrade, but it cannot downgrade when doing migrations. Yes, it is a pain until Atlassian fixes this sticky issue of migrating between self-hosting and OnDemand.

Oh, Do NOT upgrade your production system. Create a separate instance for this migration process.

So if things fail, you can easily get your production system back up again.

Joe September 28, 2012

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately we are not self-hosted. I have put in an issue to Atlassian support.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 28, 2012

UPM is a bundled plugin, unless you have upgraded after installing JIRA. You best shot might be to install an earlier version of JIRA that comes bundled with 2.5.1 or an earlier version.

Another option is to edit the atlassian-bundled-plugin.zip file and replace the new UPM with an oldeer version!

Joe September 28, 2012

Thanks for the reply.

I am assuming you are referring to locally hosting jira, whereas we are using the atlassing hosted service. Is that correct?

Suggest an answer