How do I disable the comments pop when moving issues.

Gregory Hicks November 10, 2015

Hello,

I have been searching around for an answer to this question but am not able to find a solution.

Issue: In Agile when I move an issue from ToDo to In Progress a full screen popup windows shows up asking for me to enter in a comment. What I find strange is it does it for one project I have but not another. I have tried comparing the two but nothing obvious is standing out to me.

Any thoughts on this? I feel like there should be a simple disable comments popup or something that I am missing here.

Thanks!

Greg

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jordan Packer November 10, 2015

My guess would be that a screen has been assigned to the transition in that part of the workflow. All you would need to do is remove that screen association. The following page shows how to assign screens, so it will give you some hints as to where you need to go in order to unassign screens: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Mapping+A+Screen+to+Workflow+Transition

Hope this helps.

1 vote
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2015

Hi Greg,

The settings you need to change are the screens displayed on each workflow transition. Simply removing the reference to the screen will stop it asking for comments. Be careful though on the resolve issue transition as this uses a special screen that captures the resolution as well as a comment.

To make these changes you will need to have a draft workflow.

Hope this helps

Phill

0 votes
Gregory Hicks November 11, 2015

Ty both, after more searching around I found a link that showed me how to setup that comment popup so I just reversed it smile

Suggest an answer