How do I disable email notifications for changes that I make to JIRA issues?

Jonathan Avida October 18, 2012

Email notifications are very helpful for my team to keep track of comments that OTHER people make on issues we're watching, issue status changes, etc.

However, when I edit an issue or make a comment to it, I don't really need to be notified of the changes that I made (because I just made them...), and I just end up having to clean my Inbox of all those unnecessary emails.

Is there a way to disable email notifications being sent to users for changes that THEY made?

2 answers

1 vote
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2012

This is a user specific profile setting. Go to your profile -> settings -> email settings -> notify on own actions

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2012

The admin can set that as the default. Unfortunately, it will only apply to users created after after changing the setting. Most people don't want to see their own updates emailed to them.

Suggest an answer