How do I disable a user using jira command line interface?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2012

How do I disable a jira user using the command line interface?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 11, 2012

Currently not supported. The remote APIs in this area are lacking, so it more difficult to provide the support. Please create an issue

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2012
2 votes
Geoff
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2014

It looks like this functionality has been added since this question was asked. Adding the reference here for those searching for it:

jira --action updateUser --userId "testuser1" --userFullName "Former employee" --deactivate

Taken from https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/Examples

1 vote
Ron Winacott September 11, 2012

One way you could try is remove the user from all groups, including the magic group jira_user. Now there account is disabled and not counted in your license

CLI command removeUserFromGroup parameters userId, group

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 11, 2012

No, I'm not looking for the old and sick way of disabling users, the way that prevents you from reenabling them because you don't know which groups they used to be belong to.

I am looking for using the "Active" option which was added to Jira 5.1

Suggest an answer