How do I delete a task in Jira Core?

Nicholas Holden December 20, 2017

I am the administrator (and currently the sole user) of Jira Core. I cannot find a way to delete tasks. Please help!

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

I STRONGLY advise you don't delete issues. This forum is full of people desperatly looking for a way to restore an issue. You can't. It will come around and bite you eventually. I suggest having a resolution of 'deleted' and having a transition that only the project lead can execute that uses a post fuction to set the resolution to deleted and closes the issue. I also have a 'deleted comment' field as required in the transion to explain why it was deleted. 

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2017

Make sure you have "delete" issue permissions in the "project permissions" for the project which contains the task which you want to delete.

Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2017

Suggest an answer