How do I customize which fields appear under Details section

Dan O'Dacre March 5, 2013

I've added a new custom field for our Bugs and by using the 'Screen Configure' I can control where this field appears in the Create and Edit screens.

Now, I want this field to appear in the 'Details' section of the 'issue' screen...the view that has Details, Description, Activity, People etc ( i don't know what it's called).

How do I does this.

thx

danO

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Justin is right. Custom fields go in to the Details/Dates/People sections based on the type of the field. You can only configure to show or hide the field. You can't configure where to show it!

Dan O'Dacre March 6, 2013

Thx Guys. The field in question is a checkbox.

Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

does the checkbox have a value, or is it just like "Needs Review <checkbox>" where "Needs review" is the field name, and there's not really a value (such as "Yes") associated with the checkbox?

I have checkbox fields that show up in my details section, but all of the checkboxes have values. Just a guess that this might be your issue.

0 votes
Justin Corcoran
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2013

What type of custom field are you trying to put in that section? I think JIRA chooses the section automatically, based on the field type. For example, any field dealing with people goes in the People section, and field dealing with dates goes in the Dates section, etc. I'm not sure if this is something you can override.

Suggest an answer