How do I customize the Service Desk customer portal transition comment screen

glennrees February 28, 2017

Hello,

I have created a transition in my workflow to allow users to re-open a resolved ticket from the SD customer portal. When the user clicks to re-open the issue they get a default popup screen asking for a comment before submission. I would like to expose another field in this screen (a date picker field), to gather a bit more information for the reopen request. I created a new screen for this transition and added a date picker field. This field is displayed when reopening the ticket as an administrator inside the service desk, but does not appear in the customer portal screen. Users do have permission to view this date field, as they are required to use it during the initial ticket creation. Is it possible to achieve what I am trying to do or is this a system limitation?

(Using JIRA 7.3.0 and JSD 3.3.0)

Thank you,

Glenn

8 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
glennrees March 13, 2017

The answer I got from support:

"It is a system limitation that you cannot display additional fields in the Customer Portal. There should be a message shown when you edit the workflow, such as this - screens.png"

3 votes
H K
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 26, 2017

@glennreesare there some new information about that issue? I need an additional select field in the customers screen, too, so I know where the customer installed our fixes (e. g. dev, test, prod).

3 votes
glennrees March 2, 2017

I have tried adding different field types as well, and no fields will display in the customer portal comments screen, only the default comment field. Why can't this be customised?

Dumitru Anda May 8, 2019

This feature is still unavailable in JSD?

Best regards,

0 votes
Oscar Travieso August 26, 2022

About this I have a question, is there any way to make it required to comment in the comment box that appears after hitting the reopen button?

Right now the comment box has a caption that says optional, I need to change it required.

Please I would greatly appreciate your help!

0 votes
Izabella Cikalova October 7, 2021

Hi, I'd like to implement the same - display a custom field "Reason for Escalation" in the customer portal screen in the event customer chose to escalate.

Is this still not supported?

0 votes
Katarzyna
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 18, 2020

Hi all,

To add any fields on the transition screen on the Customer Portal, you can use our app Actions for Jira Service Desk. Here you can find a documentation about this app.

Let us know if you need any help.

Cheers,

Kate

0 votes
Kamila Szeląg October 9, 2019

Hi, 

The same issue, does anyone of you know if Atlassian plans to add this functionality to CP soon?

thx,

Kama

0 votes
Paul Cudina May 9, 2019

Yes, I'd like to display a custom field in the customer portal screen in the event they chose to escalate an issue. I want the customer to justify the need for the escalation by selecting multi-choice options in a checkbox field. 

Alok Bhargava October 1, 2019

I have the same need - exactly for your case, and similar needs i.e. specify why a ticket is resolved by choosing among resolutions.

Any update?

Atlassian - any update?

Suggest an answer