How do I create this Filter - All Open Issues Assigned to Me with one or more Closed Sub-Tasks Reported By Me?

Arthur Queenan May 15, 2012

We're using Sub-Tasks in our workflow and need to now provide our users certain Filters, for example:

• All Open Issues Assigned to Me with one or more Closed Sub-Tasks Reported By Me
  • All Open Issues that have one or more Open Sub-Tasks (pull up only the Open Sub-Tasks and not display the closed Sub-Tasks

5 answers

3 votes
Michael David Scott June 14, 2017

I'm sorry but these answers are INSANE.  You do not need to write code or use a plug-in to do this.

All you need to do is:

1. Select ISSUES from the top navigation.

2. Select MY OPEN ISSUE under FILTERS.

3. Go to the 4th filter.

4. On this page, select the forth dropdown filter titled Current User.

5. Type in the person you are looking for.

6. Use other filters to dig deeper. 

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

But that was not the question asked by Arthur. 

Where in your "sane" answer is the part with the "closed subtasks reported by me"?

Please do not abuse other answers as insane.

2 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2012

You can do this using JQL tricks plugin (commerical). Something like this:

1: resolution = Unresolved and assignee = currentUser() and issue in subtask("resolution != Unresolved and reporter = currentUser()")

2: resolution = Unresolved and issue in subtask("resolution = Unresolved")

0 votes
awa5114 September 7, 2017

Thank you for bringing some measure of sanity to the discussion. Some people want to code EVERYTHING. I had one IT guy insist on copying files from one directory to another using the command prompt... wanted to smack him in the face

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

@awa5114 You're right, some people code nearly everything. I'm not one of these, but they're having fun in doing nearly everything with their keyboard. And that's ok. Noone gets hurt. But it is not insane.

Smacking someone in the face for helping you, that is something I would think about.  

Like Alex Gbaguidi likes this
awa5114 September 7, 2017

Well...not literally... It was a joke you see. I am very grateful for what he did for me that day. I was just amused by how he had to do everything through the command line

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 7, 2017

Everything's good. Maybe I was a little bit too sensitive. Sorry for that. Maybe a sign of these times we're living in today.  

0 votes
Alex Matsarski March 28, 2017

You can use MyPlate free add-on. It shows up all issues assigned to you.

0 votes
Salem Korayem February 16, 2013

We use the free Craftforge JQL Functions Plugin plugin to run custom JQL.

For instance, to show Un-finished Issues or Sub-tasks in one quick-filter on Greenhopper:

status!=Closed or issue in parentIssuesFromQuery("issuetype in subtaskIssueTypes() AND status!=Closed ")

Suggest an answer