How do I create buttons on the Project screen to create issues with specific issue types

Jamey Hynds February 25, 2013

We have seen a JIRA system that has buttons in the top right of the Project screen for creating issues with specific issue types, but we have been unable to do it on our JIRA system. An example would be the issue 'Programming Request'. We would like a single button to show up at the top right of the screen once you select a project that users can click on to immediately create an issue using that issue type.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Thank you very much for you help. I will contact support.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2013

That happens automatically on Jira 4 and above - the first couple of issue types in the scheme appear.

What version are you using? (Obviously it's not OnDemand, as that does it)

We are using the OnDemand version and we have created 3 projects with issue types. None of them have any issue types showing up. The only button in the top right is titled Administer Project.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2013

Ah, I'm terribly sorry, it seems I've misled you.

Atlassian appear to have removed that functionality from OnDemand (and Jira 6 in general).

I don't know if there's a hidden flag to re-enable it or something - I'd raise this with Atlassian OnDemand support

Suggest an answer