How do I create an issue (REST API) without a security level if there is a default security level?

Tomas Deceuninck September 26, 2017

So I am trying to create an issue that has the "None" security level.

In the gui I can just select "None" from the drop down and it creates the issue without a security level.

But when I leave out security level in my api request it sets the default security level.

How should I describe the security field in my request so it will not be set?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

I've not tried this, but I think sending it a null or empty security level should do it

"none" is a placeholder word Jira shows to the user instead of the more unclear "empty line in a dropdown" which confuses people.  It  represents an empty field (no data in the jiraissue table for system fields, or no line in customfieldvalue if it's a custom field) rather than the string "none"

Tomas Deceuninck September 26, 2017

Wonderful!

when you explicitly set it to "null" it works

FYI: Setting name or id to empty string does not work.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2017

Ah, great, thanks for the update!

Niels Schoot February 22, 2021

Thanks for this info.

Note, it's important to set "security":null, not "security":{"id":null} or "security":{"name":null}. The latter two will result in an error. 
Also, set it to null and not "null". That will result in an Internal Server Error.

Thos are the lessons I learnt ;-)

Suggest an answer