How do I create an Epic?

Deleted user October 10, 2017

Our team is using Jira Core as a tool for digital marketing email project management. We can only see "Create > Issue Type > Task" in the drop-down list. I have typed in Epic and it doesn't recognize it.

As far as I know, we have administrative access to all of the options.

Any (quick-as-you-can) help would be greatly appreciated!!

**additionally, if anyone has advice on efficiencies, that would be great too!!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 10, 2017

With just Jira Core, you won't have Epics created automatically.

Go to Admin -> Issues -> Issue Types and add "Epic" to the list (as an admin).  Then go to the project admin, find the "issue type scheme" and add Epic to it.

0 votes
Pablo Donzis August 31, 2018

Hi,

For us, when we create an Issue we have only "Story" listed. I went to Admin -> Issues -> Issue Types and Epic was there already.

I go to Project Settings, Issue Types, but I cannot see Issue Type Schemes.  I can only manage Issue Types in there. I go back to Admin, then Issue Type Schemes, but there's a single Default Issue Type Scheme contianing just Epic, which I cannot modify (and I believe it's being used my project, anyway).

That Issue Type Scheme won't do for us as apparently it only has the Epic issue type (no Story). However, all in all, I cannot associate it with our project as it says: "No projects available to be associated with scheme Default Issue Type Scheme."

We need to have Stories and Epics available in our projects, what our we doing wrong?

Thanks!

0 votes
Deleted user October 10, 2017

Thanks! You uncovered a buried topic for us!

I will be creating a new scheme which will include Epics - hopefully. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events