How do I create a swimlane for flagged issues

Sebastian Dietrich April 3, 2015

I'd like to have a swimlane that shows all critical issues AND all flagged issues. Critical issues is easily done via JQL:

priority = Blocker

but how would I determine if an issue is flagged? Seems as if this was possible in Greenhopper using

Flagged is not EMPTY

Unfortunately this gives me "field flagged does not exist" 

7 answers

2 votes
Daniel Castro June 23, 2016

Hello, I found what you are looking for: 

For you to create the Swimlane you have to use the "Flagged" field indeed, but in a different way, try: 

"priority = Critical AND Flagged = Impediment"

You can find more documentation here: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-issues/flagging-an-issue

Hope it works for you!

0 votes
renaud staessens April 5, 2016

i finally found it . it's called "indicateur" !!!

0 votes
renaud staessens April 5, 2016

I have the same issue . I use JIRA Software 7.0.5 but i just can't find the field flagged in the custom field list (i don't see any translation that could be something more or less equivalent) . I'm in french . When i try to request flagged field via JQL i get the following message Field 'flagged' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

any idea ?

0 votes
Sebastian Dietrich April 8, 2015

Thanks, I've found it. I am using the German version (JIRA v6.3.14 and JIRA Agile 6.6.80).

Flagging an issue is called "Kennzeichen hinzufügen" while the custom field is called "Markiert" - that is why I didn't find it.

Maybe someone could check that the translations are consistent (So either the menu should be called "Markierung hinzufügen" or "markieren" or the custom field should be called "Kennzeichen")

btw I know the guy who did the initial German translations for Greenhopper years ago - will tell him I've stepped into one of his bugs smile

0 votes
Shanye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2015

Flagged is actually a custom field - it's just one that's created by JIRA Agile when the add-on is installed. If you log into JIRA as an administrator and navigate to Administration >> Issues >> Custom Fields, you'll see it in the list there and should be able to see what type the field is set to (by default it's a checkbox field). Also, it would still be helpful to know what version of JIRA and JIRA Agile you're using so we can try to reproduce the problem.

0 votes
Sebastian Dietrich April 6, 2015

It is not a custom field. It is what happens if you right-click on a issue in JIRA Agile and select "Add flag" - i.e. to flag an issue as impediment.

0 votes
Shanye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 6, 2015

I just tested creating a swimlane based on a custom field being populated in JIRA v6.3.15 with JIRA Agile v6.6.80 (CustomFieldName IS NOT Empty) and it seems to be working. Can you let us know what type of custom field "Flagged" is and what versions of JIRA and Agile you're using?

Suggest an answer