How do I create a link between two JIRA issues on the JIRA side when they are associated with one another in Portfolio

Joshua Smith July 22, 2016

With classic Portfolio plans I could associate the Initiative level with an issue type. When I created epics underneath that initiative and pushed those records over to JIRA, there was a way for me to specify a link type. This allowed me to them go into my initiative record in JIRA and it listed all of the associated Epics under the links section.

Is there a way that I can get similar functionality using the Live plans in Portfolio 2.0? If we can only rely on Portfolio to show the hierarchical relationship between issues, that will make it very difficult for the average user developer see the relationship. 

1 answer

0 votes
Martin Suntinger
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 24, 2016

Hi @Joshua Smith, currently no - in the Portfolio 2 information architecture, issue links are mapping only to dependencies, but not to hierarchy. Hierarchy is implemented technically in the same way as the hierarchy between epics and stories that comes out of the box with JIRA Software (agile boards). 

Since this is a popular request, we're currently looking at making that visible on the issue in a same way as the "epic link" and "issues in epic". I'd suggest to set a Watch on the marketplace listing (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.radiantminds.roadmaps-jira/server/overview - bottom right of the page) so you receive notifications on release updates. 

Disclaimer: this is forward-looking information at our best knowledge and intentions currently, but not a commitment to deliver this feature. 

-Martin Suntinger (Product Manager for Portfolio)

Suggest an answer