How do I create a filter of tasks with sub-tasks?

Tony_Tovar_-_work April 16, 2014

I am trying to create a report that only shows tasks which contain sub-tasks, then groups them. I was able to create a filter for tasks which are marked as either sub-tasks or component cases; here's what that query looks like:

project = SYS AND issuetype in (subTaskIssueTypes(), "Component Case", Sub-task) ORDER BY summary ASC, key DESC

There are two problems, though:

1. It does not include the 'parent' task.

2. The Summary field is displayed with the parent task but if I sort on Summary it ignores that, i.e., they are not grouped by parent

Is there a field which indicates that a task contains sub-tasks and/or component cases?
Is there a way to group the parent/child tasks?

Thank you for any assistance!

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

I just recall that the Script Runner plugin also has some subTask functions for JQL. They might also solve your issue. The Script Runner is free :-)

Cheers,

// Svante

0 votes
Answer accepted
Svante Gustafsson Björkegren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2014

Hi,

There is a great plugin making it possible to filter out parents and their sub-tasks: Search Linked Issues for JIRA

It is not free though but well worth to try out in my opinion.

It will not group the issues the way you want in the issue navigator but if you display the filter in a Kanban board they will be grouped this way

Hope this helped!

Cheers,

// Svante

Suggest an answer