How do I create a custom field in JIra that must appear on Issues screen

Abhishek Soni September 22, 2021

I am trying to create 2 custom fields on Jira screen - Release Build Number and Scan type in Jira. I want those values to be filled automatically by fetching values from Fortify On demand tool. I have FoD to Jira xml file and try to add entity and map to the respective field but it says below error when I run FoD to Jira script:

{"Release Build No":"Field 'Release Build No' cannot be set. It is not on the appropriate screen, or unknown."}}

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

Hi @Abhishek Soni and welcome to the community!

So you have created already this field. The next step is to add on the appropriate screens. For that matter first of all, you have to see which screens your project is using.

• Go to project settings
  • Screens
  • Click on the arrow of the issue types which this field must be present
  • Click on the individual screens to add it
    • Most likely you have to place it on the create screen
    • It's your choice to see if you want to add it on the view and edit screen as well
  • Once you do that your field will be present

screens.png

CAUTION: A thing that you have to take into consideration is whether the issue scheme is shared. If it is, then any change you make on the screens will have an impact on other projects as well. In that case, you have to create new screens (or copy them), add them to a new screen scheme, associate this screen scheme with the appropriate issue types.

Abhishek Soni September 23, 2021

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ,

Thanks for your answer. Here, I am able to see the field that I configure from Jira.

But, the field value remains blank.

The issue is I am not able to retrieve the field value from FoD. I map the custom field name in my FoD to Jira integration script but while importing it says :

{"Release Build No":"Field 'Release Build No' cannot be set. }

Note : I am trying to get the filed value from an external source which in this case is Fortify on Demand tool

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

So you confirm that this specific field you created is placed on issue operations screen, correct? Because to be honest, the "It is not on the appropriate screen" message gives me another impression.

Abhishek Soni September 23, 2021

Yes, I see the specific field on issue operations screen.

What I dont see is the value for the field.

I am trying to fetch the value of Release build No. in Jira from Fortify on Demand tool.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events