How do I create a custom dropdown with values from another field

Deleted user March 11, 2013

I would like to create a custom select list where the values come from another field in JIRA. I want to associate records without using the link issue functionality.

For example:

1. I create a story record.

2. I create a test case record and within that record/page I want to have a dropdown where I select the story associated to the test case. The values in the dropdown would come from the list of story records I have entered for the project. Is this possible without creating a custom plugin?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

You can use the nFeed plugin to get the data for a custom field from the Jira database.

Henning

Thanks Henning. I was hoping for something within the tool, I don't think JIRA will do what I want without spending more money, but thanks for the assistance!

0 votes

Because I need to do this for multiple fields where users should have a set list to choose from.

0 votes
Danielle Zhu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

Can you explain why you don't want to use issue links? It seems you are trying to do just that - linking a test case with a story.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events