How do I create a condition on custom fields to perform an action such as send a templace email ?

Hi there

I perform a manual task for sending out emails when work flow status is

"Awaiting Approvals" 

>when status  is Awaiting Approvals,

>send email to sent to a group called "Approvers" with a

> standard email. KEY is awaiting your Approval please log in review and Comment "Approved"

Any questions to the Change Owner.

"Awaiting Post Review"

>when status is set to "Awaiting Post Review"

>send email is send to Change Owner to carry out the post review

Thanks in Advance

Belinda

1 answer

Hi Belinda,

You need to set a post-function in your workflow for when each transition occurs to trigger an event that sends the appropriate email.

You should review the Knowledgebase article at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Configure+a+Custom+Event+Notification+for+a+specific+JIRA+Workflow+Transition+or+Status

Hope this helps.

Phill

Thanks Phil where do I find template field ? 4.For Template field, select the available default email template for the event created.

You can use any of the templates already defined within your instance or follow the instructions at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/customizing-email-content-185729653.html to amend/create new versions.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,670 views 18 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you