How do I create a clickable link to a Kanban board from the dashboard?

Ben Green April 17, 2017

I am using the Agile wallboard gadget on my dashboard. The gadget appears to be working correctly. However, since the cards cannot be moved around the board in this gadget, I need to go to the board itself, and I want to do it with one click. I would like to be able to just click on the name of the board which is at the top of the gadget. 

The solutions I have found so far are: 

• Click the issue link on one of the cards, then click the board link in the left menu
  • Use the Boards menu to open the board

The problem with the first one is that it takes two clicks and is not a straightforward method of getting to the board. The problem with the second option is that if the board is not in "recent boards" I then have to go to all boards and search for it. Both of these options seem to be workarounds for simply having a clickable link that goes to the board. An example of a gadget that does that is the Sprint Health Gadget. You can click the sprint and it goes directly to the Scrum board.

How do I create a clickable link to a Kanban board from the dashboard?

1 answer

1 vote
kristopherw July 14, 2017

I have a similar need. I have built a dashboard for following both my Kanban board and my Help Desk tickets. Unfortunately the Kanban Wallboard Gadget does not let me drag tickets from one column to another, or view the tickets from my dashboard, necessitating use of the board itself. This somewhat defeats the purpose of a dashboard in the first place. I'd love to be able to have a one stop shop where I can view, navigate, and move my tickets without having to move from one page to another, or keep multiple windows open.

Is there already a more useful Kanban dashboard gadget? Are these gadgets open source? Is it possible to build a custom dashboard gadget for Jira Cloud? I hope we can find an answer!

Suggest an answer