How do I create a chart mapping number of open issues where the 'open' status is a custom field.

Sinead Ni Longaigh January 24, 2018

Instead of using the default Status field, we created a custom field with more varied values. Lets call this field 3VStatus

I want to get a chart view for a group of issues, showing over time the number we are closing i.e. where the 3VStatus is Closed.

2 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

You can do this with Better Excel.

It already has a created-vs-reported-report.xlsx template. You could change its logic to export the time when 3DStatus was set to Closed (instead of just exporting Resolution Date) and then:

jira-created-vs-resolved-pivot-chart

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

You'd need to find or write a reporting add-on to provide that.

The closest you can get off-the-shelf are the "created vs resolved" gadget for the dashboards (which relies on the resolution), and there are other gadgets and reports which work off the workflow status.

If you used status properly, or mirrored the extra status to it (i.e. don't let people set the 3Vstatus to "closed" unless the process genuinely has ended in a closed actual status), then you'd be able to use the standard reports.

Suggest an answer