How do I create a Project Queue that filters by Request Type Group??

Niall Chapman November 14, 2019

I have 3 Request Type Groups and I want to create 3 queues that filter based on which 'Request Type Group' the request came from.

From my search online and trying to do this through the standard filter it doesnt seem possible, but it's such a simple and common thing to want to do I assume I'm just missing something

Screenshot 2019-11-14 at 16.18.18.png

I've seen many people ask for the same function as far back as 2016, but there doesnt seem to be any real solution.

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2019

Hello @Niall Chapman

Thank you for reaching out.

Unfortunately, the Request type groups are not searchable by JIRA JQL, however, we clearly understand how useful this functionality would be with the need to create new queues on JIRA Service desk.

That being said, we created a new feature request to get it implemented:

Expose request type groups to search filters or JQL 

Feel free to vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

Apart from the suggestion provided in the feature request, the best option we can suggest to work around this lack would be by:

1 - Use different request types for each group. Basically, avoid using the same request type for several request type groups.

2 - Add the label field to your request types, hiding it and setting it with a default value to identify which was the request type group that request was created:

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 16.53.15.png

Let me know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer