How do I create Jira projects based on Bitbucket DVCS repos?

david torres March 12, 2013

So I have followed the instructions on how to setup a DVCS connection between my JIRA On Demand account and my Bitbucket account. And the "Manage DVCS Accounts" successfully locates my repos.

But how to associate the repo's issues to a project in JIRA? Should the DVCS connection automatically generate a new JIRA project per repo? Or do I have to set up the JIRA projects manually? It isn't clear in the documentation what I need to do.

(I suspect there may be an issue with my setup because when I do a "Sync Repo" on the DVCS Accounts screen it only manages to find changesets, never issues.)

Thanks guys!

-DT

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2013

Hey David, if I'm not mistaken DVCS should auto recognized the issue key that present in the commit messages of the changeset in the repo and show up in the respective project. For eg.

You have a project TST and commit of changeset "TST-1 add a code line". The commit message would show up automatically in the issue TST-1 commit tab after the dvcs service trigger.

Suggest an answer