How do I copy the board settings from an existing project to a new one?

Solana Rosa November 3, 2017

I updated my JIRA version and now cannot find a way to copy a board (or board settings) from an existing project to a new project.

Before, I would go up to the Boards menu (top menu bar) and select See All Boards. Then I would be able to copy one. Now the Boards menu is nowhere to be found.

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 3, 2017

Looks like you got the updated UI. Click on the 'search' icon to see an option to view all boards. Search 'board', if you don't see that option.

You can then find your board and copy it as you used to do before.

Solana Rosa November 6, 2017

Thanks for your reply, Jobin. I was able to copy the board but not connect it to the new project. 

What I really need to do is create a new project (done) and copy the board settings from an old project to this new project. Is there a way to do that?

Solana Rosa November 6, 2017

Also, when I copied the board from an old project. The project disappeared. This is crazy :(

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2017

The project disappeared? That doesn't sound right. Maybe someone took away your permissions?

Please note that each board is associated with a filter. After copying the board, you will have to modify the filter to associate it with a new project. Make sure you have separate filters for each board, pointing to the different projects.

Suggest an answer