How do I convert jira.updated.date

Kai Gottschalk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

In JIRA and also in Greenhopper I am from time to time facing the a proprietary date-format with values like

-1334129321733 and so on

This happens in:

- JIRA for the field jira.updated.date within XML-Workflow exports

- Greenhopper for fields sprint.start.date and sprint.end.date

Question: How do I convert this into human readable time-formats? Any known algorithms? Neither Google, nor any other question/answer here could help me out so far.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

If I'm not mistaken, those timestamps are in 'seconds since the epoch' Unix time. This website has a converter: http://www.epochconverter.com/

Kai Gottschalk
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2012

Hi John,

great that was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the quick and useful answer. Well earned karma points!

@atlassian: Love that rewarding gamification elements (e.g. karma points) within answers.atlassian.com

Cheers
Kai

0 votes
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 13, 2012

This is not possible with JQl date functions. Can you use an online Julian converter to convert the date to UTC?

Suggest an answer