How do I combine projects?

Briana Brady July 26, 2017

I want to take all of my projects and move them into one centralized project.  in order to differentiate them, I want to add labels to all of the issues from the different projects prior to centralizing them. How do I go about doing this? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2017

Run a query for "project = X", then use bulk-edit to add the labels.

It is limited in size so you may have to do it several times if there are lots of issues.

How do I run a query?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2017

Use search from the issues menu.

Do you know how I can move an entire project into another? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 26, 2017

Yes.  Same method for the issues - bulk-edit and select "move" instead of "edit"

However, you need to think carefully before you do this.  Are the projects configured the same way?  If they use different fields, screens or workflows, you may be changing data in ways your users don't want or expect.

Briana Brady July 27, 2017

Cool, I have everything the same, I did that step already. However, when I go to do a bulk move of issues it only pulls up issues in my current sprint. I need to move everything in the backlog and from previous sprints.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2017

A bulk edit will pull up everything in the filter you've used.

Go to the issue search and try typing just "project = X"

Briana Brady July 27, 2017

When I do that none of the backlog issues come up, or issues from old sprints

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2017

The issue navigator does not filter issues by anything other than the filter you give it.  If you say "project = x", it will list all issues in X, irrespective of sprint or backlog.

I'm not sure you are looking at the issue navigator.

Suggest an answer