How do I 'collect' storypoints when issue arrives in the second to last column of my Sprint board

Chris Ramakers June 14, 2017

I've got a sprint board set up in which the last two columns are "Ready for merge" and "Deployed"

I want to hold off merging all the feature branches until we get into the release phase of our project, problem is that the burndown chart will only start decreasing when I move the stories to the last column, which is in the last 2 days of our sprint. Almost all finished stories will sit in the second to last column until the last 2 days of the sprint.

How can I configure JIRA and my workflow so that the story is marked as "Complete" when dragged in either of the last 2 columns and the story points for these are collected?

I've already tried these:

• Assign a screen to all transitions to the second last column that also asks for a Resolution
  • Flag the statusses mapped to the 2 last columns as category "done"

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2017

You can't do it.  The last column is all that matters.

The best you can do is move the "ready for merge" status into the "done" column. 

This will cause the next problem in that you can't move issues between status within the same column, but I'm sort of expecting that you would be doing that for a batch of issues with "bulk edit" when it's the right time to deploy them.

Suggest an answer