How do I close a task without any diaglog screen and preselect "Fixed" as default resolution?

Anandh February 25, 2015

We would like to close a task without any dialog screen opening and preselect "Fixed" as default resolution. When clicking a close button of a task, it should just be closed as fixed. A task don't need anything more than that. Can this be implemented? Please advise.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2015

Change the workflow.

When you close your issue, you need to set a resolution.  The default workflow does this by popping up a screen with "Resolution" as a field, and asks the user to set one.

As you always want to set it to "fixed", this is redundant, so you can skip it by doing two things.  Edit the workflow, finding the "Close" transition and:

1. In the header, look for the "screen".  Remove the screen from the transition (this gets rid of the dialog)
  2. Now look at the "post function" tab.  Add a new one (accept the default positioning of it in the list), selecting "set field to value".  This will give you the list of fields you can set - choose "resolution", and then it will offer your list of resolutions, so select "fixed".  This makes the transition automatically set it to "fixed" when it is used.

Anandh February 25, 2015

Thanks Nic, It works!!

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2015

Yep, this is the better answer!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2015

I think Anandh tried to mark us both correct!

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2015

I guess so, too

Anandh February 26, 2015

Yeah! Both of your answers are useful to reslove my issue. So i marked both of you as correct.

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2015

In your close transition you would use no screen and you would need a postfunction that set the resolution to fixed.

Suggest an answer