How do I close a reopened issue?

I am the administrator but do not see anything resembling a "Close" or "Resolve" button when viewing issues with a "Reopened" status.

3 answers

1 accepted

The Permission Helper tool can tell you what conditions must be met for you to see the close transition if this is a permission problem and not a simple workflow disconnect.

Randall, thanks, that's a great little tool. I have a feeling I'm going to be using it a lot.

It comes in handy, especially if you are helping others project leads learn how to manage their project permissions.

0 vote
It depends on your work flow. You do not match the conditions set for those transitions (if they exist at all!), so you cannot use them. Admin rights do not matter here, they give you add-on rights, not "can do everything" (because that's a really bad usage model), but, as an admin, you can read (and edit) the workflow and change your settings so that you do match
0 vote
It depends on your work flow. You do not match the conditions set for those transitions (if they exist at all!), so you cannot use them. Admin rights do not matter here, they give you add-on rights, not "can do everything" (because that's a really bad usage model), but, as an admin, you can read (and edit) the workflow and change your settings so that you do match

Thanks, Nic. As a brand new user, I have a lot to learn, but I really like JIRA so far.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,314 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot