How do I close a reopened issue?

Deleted user June 21, 2013

I am the administrator but do not see anything resembling a "Close" or "Resolve" button when viewing issues with a "Reopened" status.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2013
The Permission Helper tool can tell you what conditions must be met for you to see the close transition if this is a permission problem and not a simple workflow disconnect.
Deleted user July 7, 2013

Randall, thanks, that's a great little tool. I have a feeling I'm going to be using it a lot.

Randall Robertson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 7, 2013

It comes in handy, especially if you are helping others project leads learn how to manage their project permissions.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2013
It depends on your work flow. You do not match the conditions set for those transitions (if they exist at all!), so you cannot use them. Admin rights do not matter here, they give you add-on rights, not "can do everything" (because that's a really bad usage model), but, as an admin, you can read (and edit) the workflow and change your settings so that you do match
Deleted user July 7, 2013

Thanks, Nic. As a brand new user, I have a lot to learn, but I really like JIRA so far.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 21, 2013
It depends on your work flow. You do not match the conditions set for those transitions (if they exist at all!), so you cannot use them. Admin rights do not matter here, they give you add-on rights, not "can do everything" (because that's a really bad usage model), but, as an admin, you can read (and edit) the workflow and change your settings so that you do match

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events