How do I change which status is visible to service desk agents?

Alys January 17, 2020

I wasn't sure exactly how to word this question so I apologize if this is a duplicate. 

We are using Jira cloud as our service desk and want to change which ticket status is available as a button that is visible and which statuses are visible when you click the admin drop down and choose. I am thinking this is likely something to do with the priority order of the statuses in each workflow, but I haven't the slightest clue where to go to change that. 

Any and all recommendations would be most helpful! 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tony Rossiter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2020

I think the essence of your question is how to set the order of the statuses available to the agent at specific workflow steps.  If you're comfortable changing the workflow, this is where you'd do it. 

You'll need to use the opsbar-sequence property on the transitions in your workflow.  Here's a good overview: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Changing-Order-of-the-Workflow-Transition-Buttons/qaq-p/239379

That link assumes a certain level of familiarity with Jira workflows.  Take a look and let me know if this makes sense or if we need to take a step back and talk about workflow customization basics.  

Edit: I pasted the wrong URL.  It has been updated

Alys January 17, 2020

That is exactly what I needed. Thank you!

Like Tony Rossiter likes this

Suggest an answer