How do I change the sprint start date in Portfolio?

Alexandre Jaillet June 15, 2017

Hey,

I'm trying to parameter Portfolio for a release in order to know if I will be able to finish at time.

My issue source is a board with Sprints already defined.

The problem is that the release was lauched the 9th may and when Portfolio calculates it begins for the current sprint (the 3rd sprint) instead of the first Sprint. So all of the simulation is wrong.

I add that the start of the release is also the 9th may.

How can I force Portfolio to begin the calculation from the first Sprint ?

Best regards,

Alexandre Jaillet

2 answers

1 vote
Deleted user June 27, 2017

I don't think you can do this.  The Schedule view only shows open/active sprints and then iterations of future sprints based on the iteration length in the schedule.  It doesn't display past sprints.

Assuming you completed and closed issues from the first two sprints, you should be able to have an accurate simulation for the third sprint and beyond against the remaining issues.  Is there a particular need for having the first two sprints in the Schedule view?

Alexandre Jaillet June 16, 2017

Hi Frederico,

I have already seen this topic and the answer is not the good one.

Because it's just said to connect your plan to a board and to manage sprints in the board. My problem is to start the calculation from the precedent sprint ! I'm currently in the second sprint and I want to konw if I'll be able to finish at time. When I lauch the simulation, it starts from the current sprint and not from the first one, which makes my plan false.

Sorry for the low clarity of my first post.

Suggest an answer