How do I change the original assignee of a project?

Chuck Jones September 15, 2017

I am new to JIRA, so please forgive me for asking such a basic question.  When we create a new project, the JIRA system automatically lists the original assignee to a previous administrator who has left the company.  How do I change that original assignment recipient?  Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2017

Hi Chuck,

Welcome to Jira administration :)

Are you referring to the issue assignment when a new issue is created ? There might be some configuration at the workflow level or some other configuration which takes the previous admin as default.

Can you share a screenshot where the original assignee appears.

0 votes
Manuel September 16, 2017

Hi Chuck,

It depends on version (Server 7.4, Server 7.5, Cloud, etc.). In any case you need to have the right permissions. First, go to your project and then in the bottom-left there is a Project settings option. If you don't see it maybe you don't have the right permissions. Click there. The, if you have JIRA Cloud go to the People option and then you will see the field to change the Project Lead. If you have JIRA Server then go to the Users and roles option and click Edit defaults.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Manuel

Suggest an answer