How do I change the export version of Excel in JIRA?

T_Hoy November 12, 2015

Each time I try an Excel export, JIRA creates an Excel 97 file. I need it to export to 2003 and/ or 2007 version.

I am using JIRA 6.4.9 and have Excel 2007 on my desktop. I am not allowed to open the export and do a "save-as" later version, which is why I need to have JIRA export the proper version.

2 answers

0 votes
Zoltán November 13, 2015

Hi guys,

With JExcel you can export your JIRA data in these formats:

• XLS
  • XML
  • CSV
  • TSV
  • HTML
  • JSON
  • PDF

Just like that: JExcel Export.png

It is also possible to use Ctrl C + Ctrl V

You can download it from the Atlassian Marketplace and it's totally free :
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.moresimp.jexcel

I hope it helped,

Cheers,
Zoltán

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2015

It doesn't really export any Excel version, it exports XML that Excel can read.  Excel interprets it as Excel 97, as that's the most compatible format.   You'll need to amend Excel's reading capabilities, as JIRA's format isn't going to change.

Michael Kornatzki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2015

Hi Nic, that was surprising me. I tested it and opened the xls with an editor and it's xml. I thought jira will make a real xls. Thanks, michael

Suggest an answer