How do I change the default view in Jira Cloud to show all projects (not just software projects)?

welder January 12, 2021

How do I change the default view in Jira Cloud to show all projects (not just software projects)?

Currently our default view shows all software projects and you have to x out the software to get a view of all projects.  I assume it is in the global settings, but can't find it... 

Could someone point me to the right spot?

Thanks!

3 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2021

Hi @welder

just checked in my Cloud instance - default is that all project types are selected.
Did you try it with a different browser? Maybe some data is cached?

Cheers,
Daniel

welder January 13, 2021

Thanks! I will check!

0 votes
habib rahman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2021

Hi, I am assuming you're using the Jira cloud right? if you go on your project > view all projects you should see them all. If not let me know and send me some screengrab and I will be more than happy to show you where. Thanks, Habib 

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 6.00.31 pm.png

welder January 12, 2021

Thanks, I can do that... but what I am looking for is there a way to default to View all projects?  The default appears to be view software projects.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

hmmm, where are you seeing (not seeing) this? Screenshot?

welder January 12, 2021

Hello - when we go initially into our Jira Cloud instance - I see this 

Jira screenshot.png

where is the global setting to set it so it doesn't default "Software"?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2021

well that is really new to me. I have never seen that. I took a quick look in the system settings but not seeing anything and to be honest I would not have suspected to though going to dig a bit more. So whenever any user goes to "view all projects" that is what they receive? I will get back to you after a hunt around a bit.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2021

do you have any addons? if so can you list them here? Also, can you check another browser. just want to ensure this isn't a cache issue.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2021

hang on a sec, based on your response to Habib, what screen are you actually looking at? Is that the view all projects? if not I don't know where you are looking.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events