How do I change the colours for slices in the Pie Chart Gadget on the Dashboard?

Josh Oxendale October 30, 2017

I've seen on other posts that their was currently no option to change the colours for each slice in a Pie Chart, however one option that I saw was to edit the Jira source code and make changes in there. 

How do I get access to the source code? Or alternatively, is there a better way around this?

Thanks.

2 answers

8 votes
Christopher Back February 20, 2019

this is a stupid way - there are lots of non-programmers out there.  I have a problem where I am using 3 different pie charts to show progress on 3 different environments and on the 1st 2 pie charts the color green represents CLOSED while on the 3rd chart it represents OPEN - this is way too confusing to use with executives due to the amount of explanation needed - please fix this!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2019

I think it's a weakness too - I'd like to see the colours configurable ideally, being able to set some form of rules for them.  Even the addition of a hard-coded "use the priority colour" and "use the status colour" when grouping by one of them would be vastly welcome.

Like # people like this
Chris Cooke Old Street Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 30, 2019

Hi @Nic 

No rules yet, but this should help some people.

Custom Charts for Jira & Confluence

Your feedback would be most gratefully received.

Thanks,

Like Marcelo Miranda likes this
Marcelo Miranda September 22, 2021

I saw it... there is an available plug-in at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1220925/custom-charts-for-jira-reports?hosting=cloud but what would be FREE (because the incovenience) it is, in fact, chargeable (initially with low prices, but for large teams with huge ones).
A shame!

Chris Cooke Old Street Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 11, 2021

If @[deleted] acquires us, it could be free! Otherwise, we have developers to pay I'm afraid!

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2017

If you have a commercial licence, you can get the source from the licence page in your my.atlassian account.

There is no "way around", the colours are set  by the code in the gadget.

Suggest an answer