How do I change the color of the arrow next to the top menu items?

R August 12, 2015

I am trying to customize the look and feel of JIRA. However, I can't find the option to change the color of the little down arrows next to the top menu item.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

IF you mean the dropdown arrow then there is a workaround that could be performed to change the colour of it- until we have an answer- open developer tool (F12) and after it is opened-> click the find icon on the extreme left of the tool-> click on the dropdown arrow-> in the sub window below select the Styles tab -> change the colour there.

R August 12, 2015

Thank you for your answer. However, I was hoping there will be some option in the administration panel to change the color. I can't tell users to open developer tool and change the color (sad)

michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2015

Thats true! :) But, you can have a customized CSS and use it as per your convenience. Please refer the below link for more details: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/160863/jira-customize-css

R August 12, 2015

Is that possible in JIRA Cloud?

michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

Unfortunately, No you can't. I was under the impression it was a standalone instance.

R August 12, 2015

I guess the color options available in the Look and Feel settings does not cover this widget at the moment. Hopefully, the cloud version will provide more customizations in the future. Thank you for your suggestions.

michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2015

Sure no worries!

Suggest an answer