How do I change the base URL?

How do I change the base URL for my cloud hosted JIRA service? I can see the option in Administration -> System -> General Configuration but when I click "Edit Settings", that setting is not present anymore. What I'm trying to achieve is to change from aaa.attlasian.com to bbb.attlasian.com.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

For the cloud JIRA/Confluence the base URL is set by Atlassians... Why would you need to change that? What is your scenario?

What I'm trying to achieve is to change from aaa.attlasian.com to bbb.attlasian.com.

OK, this is not the base URL as in "hosted" version - they call it instance URL. Take a look here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOUDKB/Changing+the+Cloud+instance+URL+address

Yes, the base url is just one thing that has to be updated if you move the instance to a new address. That's why you can't change it yourself - you don't have the access to change the other things, and a mismatched base url would break your system.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

256 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you