How do I change the Priority field values on the New Issue screen for only one project?

Steve Green April 26, 2012

How do I change the Priority field values on the New Issue screen for only one project? It is simple to make a global change but I cannot find a way to change the values for only one project.

3 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2012

If you are okay with a Custom Field and drop the usage of the system Priority field, you can do it per project. Then of course you lose the icons that come with the system field in your filters and gadgets.

0 votes
Steve Green April 26, 2012

Thanks for the rapid reply Nic. This is an absolute disaster and we would have to abandon Jira if this is not fixed.

11 months ago Atlassian said it would take 12 months to fix, so maybe we won't have to wait long. I've added my vote anyway.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2012

You don't.

Priority is a global field, you can't amend it per project.

Well, ok, we do - define a list of all the options you want to use, and then use javascript to remove options as appropriate. Can't describe that "fix" as anything other than a "nasty bodge", but it works. If I remember correctly, there are plugins that will save you having to do all the work on writing the javascript, but it's still not the right way to do it.

See (and please vote on!) https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3821 - the original request to fix this horrible crater in Jira's functionality.

Suggest an answer