How do I change the Permissions Scheme automatically assigned to new Projects?

Nik Blanchet July 21, 2014

Sorry in advance about the confusing naming structure.

At some point, someone created a copy/backup of the Permission Scheme named "Default Permission Scheme". This copy/backup is named "Backup of Default Permission Scheme". It appears that "Backup of Default Permission Scheme" was set as the default Permission Scheme.

So now, I am unable to delete "Backup of Default Permission Scheme" but I can delete "Default Permission Scheme." How do I get rid of "Backup…" and make "Default…" the default?

I'm running JIRA 6.2.7 with JIRA Agile 6.4.2 and other minor plugins.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2014

Hi Nik, I had a quick look at a test environment, based on which I think the information you provided above is not entirely accurate.

Where as it is not possible to delete the "Default Permission Scheme" it is possible to rename it.
What I think happened in your case, is that the default scheme has been renamed to "Backup of Default Permission Scheme" and a copy of this has been named "Default Permission Scheme". This would explain why you can delete the one, but not the other, and should enable you to correct the schemes to your requirements.

Nik Blanchet August 13, 2014

I obviously can't dispute this since I wasn't there when it happened. :) Your workaround will do just fine. Thanks!

Suggest an answer