How do I change text on original estimate in Jira Time tracking?

Frank Pete September 28, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2016

What "text" do you mean here?

Frank Pete September 29, 2016

@Nicholas Brook

We are estimating in hours. 
Behind the field  to fill in hours, a format is stated:  (eg. 3w 4d 12h). I would like to change this por remove it.
I have managed to change the lead text,below the filed, when using legacy mode, to state; 'All estimates are in hours'image2016-9-30 11:4:25.png
if not using legacy mode, there are two fields availableimage2016-9-30 11:3:40.png
 In this case I have not even been able to locate where to change the text below the two fields or how to remove / change the text behind the fields.

Additionally...
When using sub tasks, I would like to display the estimate in hours in the issue panel.
This is also something I have not been able to do as Original estimate doesn't seem to exist in the field configuration.  The only thing I have been able to add is 'Time tracking', which is really not what I want to see.
 image2016-9-30 11:10:2.png

I would be very grateful if yo can help me with these issues.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2016

Ok, changing those bits of text requires code hacks - you'd need to change the language files providing them, or the system add-on that provides the field.

Also, the estimate fields are the time-tracking field.  Although the estimates are asked of the user, and can be edited, they're all part of the one field. 

You can downgrade the display and capture of these numbers by changing settings as per https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/configuring-time-tracking-802593086.html

Frank Pete October 3, 2016

Hi Nic and thanks for this. 
The last part was already done and understood. 
Can you advice name of language files and / or the addon providing the time tracking field?
Thanks

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2016

I'm not actually sure of the system add-on providing the field, I've never looked for it.

Take a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-install-custom-language-295305642.html to get started with the language files.  As I'm English, and to my shame, can only speak one human language, I've never translated to another language other than that horribly mangled American English.  I have however translated from "JIRA English" to "Accountant's English" and "Project Team English", and that's the docs I used to do it.

Suggest an answer