How do I bulk insert values into select list?

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2013

If I know the CustomField and CustomFieldConfig Id's can I just bulk insert values into the customerFieldOption table? I just wasn't sure if another table were involved or not.

I basically am just setting up our site and wanted to insert a list of build numbers in bulk, these will then be left in the system. It would just be easier than entering several hundred numbers manually especially since I need to enter them for multiple field configs.

Thanks,

Jon

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2013

You can use a Script Runner plugin builtin script to easily mass import custom field values.

Henning

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 13, 2013

Thanks that looks like it will do what I need.

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2013

Hi there

Perhaps you might want to try using Jelly Script to achieve this configuration.

For more information, you can refer on this : Jelly Tags

Hope it helps :)

Cheers

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2013

I will look at that I was just hoping it would be a simple SQL statement since this is just a one time thing but I would rather do it correctly as well. Thanks for the tip.

Jon Starbird
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 12, 2013

The Jelly Tags may work but how do you Get Info on a Custom Field? What I mean is that Jelly allows you to Create a new field and put in values but one thing I didn't see examples of are how do I add values to an existing field and also to a field with a specific field configuration?

Suggest an answer