How do I avoid validation errors when linking to the Create Issue form?

Rafe Colburn December 5, 2012

I'm trying to create a custom link (from a Confluence page) to the JIRA Create Issue form with the values of several fields selected.

The link looks like this (I left off the domain for privacy reasons):

/CreateIssueDetails!init.jspa?pid=10073&components=10617&issuetype=1&priority=3

Unfortunately, when the page opens, it prints a number of validation errors for required fields that were not specified as part of the link, specifically the summary and description. Is there a way to avoid those validation messages? I can live with the one for Assignee by hard coding the user ID of the person, but I'd prefer for it to assign it to the automatic assignee without complaint. However, I would really like to avoid the validation errors for the summary and description.

I should also note that I was following the instructions on this page from the JIRA docs:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+via+direct+HTML+links

2 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2012
0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 25, 2012

Hi Rafe

You can go to Administration > Field Configuration > Default Field Configuration :

In here, you can select the Field that you want it to be Optional or Required

Thanks & Regards

Daryl Chuah

Suggest an answer